Golf Digest 2015 Hot List Gold Medal Winner! Apex Irons are the ultimate in forged performance. They’re forged distance irons that defy conventional wisdom by providing performance and playability for a wide range of handicaps.
Callaway says its new Apex Irons provide X Hot distance engineered into a forged clubhead.
The irons feature tungsten sole inserts in the longer irons to maximise playability and performance, while a thin yet high strength 455 Carpenter Steel face insert generates an additional 1 to 2mph of ball speed at impact, which means hotter performance on all shots and greater distance with the same swing speed.
The tungsten weights are placed in the 3-, 4- and 5-irons to help get the ball airborne faster and easier. According to Callaway, each Apex iron has gone through a 40-minute milling process to position weight low and deep in the iron head, as well as around the perimeter.
Callaway APEX Forged #4 Iron Individual Club, Men's, Steel Shaft
- Ultra Hot Face: Thin 455 Carpenter Steel Face Insert increases ball speeds 1mph to 2mph for more distance
- Tungsten Sole Inserts: Tungsten weighted inserts in the sole of the long irons produce a lower CG, higher launch angels and maximum forgiveness
- Forged Carbon Steel Body: 1020 Forged Carbon Steel body delivers soft responsive feel
- High Performance Wide Groove: New high performance wide space groove delivers more consistent spin from a variety of lies
- Premium Shaft Offerings: New True Temper XP95 steel shaft offering delivers high launch angles
- Length: 38.50"
- Loft Angle: 21.5°
- Lie Angle: 60.50°
- Grip: Lamkin Crossline w/Chevron V
- Flex: R300 (Regular)